CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: NAMES Test program

Posted by Fred Smith
on 2001-05-10 06:31:24 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., ballendo@y... wrote:
> Fred,
>
> Were any videos shot during this test? Seems they could be MPEG'd
and
> posted online somewhere, so that people could "see" the performance
> variations... AND, we won't have to wait until NEXT YEAR to get
> CNCPRO into the act...

Sorry there were no videos that I know of. This was an impromptu
test. I had been planning to run it on my Ahha Sherline, but had
only had the machine for about 2 weeks, a VERY busy 2 weeks. I
debugged the program on the same computer as the controller after I
spilled coffee into my laptop(fried it pretty good). All the action
happened after about 1:00pm on Sunday(the show ended at 4:00). I
could not vouch for exactly what all the machines had,except for the
controller & that 3 of the 5 were Sherlines. Even with that info, it
is not intuitive that my machine was originally not an Ahha, and has
Anaheim Automation drivers/amps. I am also convinced that an
experienced user could have tweaked any one of the machines to
improve it's performance. Foreknowledge would also have probably
changed the results. Videos are probably not a good way to compare
machines, as they can pretty easily be doctored, and there are SOOOO
many variables.

Best Regards,

Fred Smith
IMService

"Hey, I'm a software guy, what do I know about hardware?" ;-)

> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "IMService" <imserv@v...> wrote:
> > For those interested in the Run-off program that we made for
NAMES,
> please follow this link:
> >
> > http://www.vectorcam.com/names/
> >
> > There are pics and links to download the G-code file
> > & also a Vector and DXF file of the Toolpaths.
> <snip>

Discussion Thread

IMService 2001-05-09 13:48:02 UTC NAMES Test program and Brass Clock pics. ballendo@y... 2001-05-10 04:54:49 UTC Re: NAMES Test program Fred Smith 2001-05-10 06:31:24 UTC Re: NAMES Test program