CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Leadscrew end thrust calcs for Max mills?

on 2001-05-11 17:09:48 UTC
Hi,

Neglecting leadscrew efficiency, use the following:

Thrust = (torque in oz-in) X (TPI) X (6.28) The answer is in oz;
divide by 16 for lbs. Expect big numbers. (210 oz-in, 10 TPI = 824
lbs)

Mariss

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., Jon Anderson <janders@n...> wrote:
> I'm working on a thrust plate/motor mount for the MaxNC. Going to be
> doing some testing on a bearing, and really don't know how to calc
the
> actual thrust loads.
> I'm assuming a worst case of about a 210 oz/in motor and 1200 rpm
max
> speed (knowing torque at that rpm won't be that high). I plan to
make a
> test rig and run the bearings in a vertical direction using a motor
> spin the inner race, and hanging a weight from the fixed outer
race. I'm
> looking for a ballpark number in actual pounds, that would at least
> equal a worst case load. If some of the servo setups some folks are
> working on using real servo motors and Gecko drives run at a faster
rpm,
> I'd like to know about that too!
> (Will also be doing some testing for succeptability to brinelling to
> account for unplanned crashes)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jon

Discussion Thread

Jon Anderson 2001-05-11 16:59:23 UTC Leadscrew end thrust calcs for Max mills? mariss92705@y... 2001-05-11 17:09:48 UTC Re: Leadscrew end thrust calcs for Max mills? Hugh Currin 2001-05-12 10:07:08 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Leadscrew end thrust calcs for Max mills? Jon Anderson 2001-05-13 13:07:46 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Leadscrew end thrust calcs for Max mills?