CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Re: Sheet metal Cad for fabrication

Posted by John
on 2001-05-19 18:41:39 UTC
Tom, suggest u try Mechsoft ( www.mechsoft.com), they produce a range of
mechanical applications covering from AutoCAD LT to Pro-E and
Unigraphics.

The functionality u seek is part of the add ons for AutoCAD LT and
AutoCAD. But it does not make any allowance for sheet thickness. Our
customers over here are using it for ducting, piping and storage
containers like conical hoppers.

We are the MechSoft distributor for Malaysia, so ask me some questions
if u need more info.

John Harnedy

Tom Wrote

Message: 13
Date: Sat, 19 May 2001 11:11:51 -0500
From: "Tom Eldredge" <harmonyt@...>
Subject: Re: Sheet metal Cad

Gentlemen,

Does anyone know of any Cad package that would allow one to layout sheet
metal patterns for cones, and various shapes used in making things like
the
"cyclones" used in wood working shops? I would need to be able to
"unfold"
the pattern to a flat sheet to allow the plasma cutting of the various
parts
necessary to make sheet metal components?

Tom Eldredge

Discussion Thread

John 2001-05-19 18:41:39 UTC Re: Re: Sheet metal Cad for fabrication