CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

A little bit of help; in the UK

on 2001-05-25 16:14:51 UTC
Hi Anthony,

I'm in exactly the same situation as you but my problem is finding the
money. John Stevenson on this list has given me a lot of his time and knows
about CNC in the UK. I think I remember seeing that the RF45 has a different
name in the UK but I'm not even 50% sure on that. There is picture of it
here... http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/_1999_retired_files/rf45-5.jpg
This site, www.gandmtools.co.uk and http://www.budgetmachinery.co.uk/ are
the only two sites I've found in the UK that sell second hand mills, and
have a list of them that you can look at.

www.gandmtools.co.uk seem to sell things you or I would want and the other
is more sort of £5,000+
http://www.gandmtools.co.uk/photos%20351-400/0372.html is much the same
size as the RF45 but made by Boxford. Boxford sell loads of stuff to
schools, this is retired from a school. We have two Boxford Union machines
in our newest DT lab. Boxford is a British company and it's site is at
www.boxford.co.uk if you'd like to have a look. Do a search for Duet on
their in site search in the menu. The Duet is their in the classroom style
mill. It works as a lathe as well I think. Anything that kids in a classroom
can use must be real expensive. www.gandmtools.co.uk is good for an hour or
so reading but the people who run it don't really want to talk unless you
ask to buy something.

I'm on ICQ if you'd like to talk to me in real time. My number is 76574387.
Let me know if you find anything interesting. Where abouts in the UK are
you? I'm in Wallasey, on Merseyside.

Best wishes,
John H.
N.B (No relation to any other Johns on the list)
N.B.B (Thanks to John S. for the help so far)
info.host@...
e.heritage@...