CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: GEM-500PCN bedmill - CNC ready with class 5 ballscrews

Posted by ptengin@a...
on 2001-05-26 01:56:56 UTC
In a message dated 05/24/2001 6:31:47 PM Hawaiian Standard Time,
dougrasmussen@... writes:

> Ballendo & Smoke,
>
> I think the specs said grade 5 "ball screws" not bearings. I don't
> know what that means, is there a system for rating the relative
> accuracy of ball screws?
>
> Incidently, I once had to get some precision bearings that were made
> in Germany. As I recall the grading system was the opposite of
> ours, with the lower numbers meaning higher precision.
>
> Doug

List,

In the NSK catalog, the grade C0 thru C10 are mentioned. The C0 is best,
C10 the worst. C5, being in the middle would be a high precsion unit but not
of laboratory grade. Beats the pants off of Thompson rolled etc.

In the Hiwin catalog, similar nomenclature. As Hiwin is a Taiwanese maker,
I'd assume the machine is equiped with this brand.

Peter
THRD, Inc.

ptengin@a... 2001-05-26 01:56:56 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: GEM-500PCN bedmill - CNC ready with class 5 ballscrews