CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: [yeagerautomation] Re: Scaling- was offset subject

on 2001-05-31 10:44:52 UTC
You can. No one's stopping you. Bit it just isn't the same as cutter offset
unless all you are making is a single square or circle.

Just image making a part that has two raised square pads with a groove between
them. By using scaling to compensate for the cutter radius, you can get the two
pads to the correct dimensions, but they will be too far apart!

Or consider making several holes, some large, some just slightly bigger than the
bit, all on the same part...

-Kevin Martin

Discussion Thread

Joe Vicars 2001-05-31 10:22:00 UTC Re: [yeagerautomation] Re: Scaling- was offset subject Kevin P. Martin 2001-05-31 10:44:52 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: [yeagerautomation] Re: Scaling- was offset subject