CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: floating aluminium

on 2001-06-09 07:50:44 UTC
MRI's need to be super-cooled? He he he, they'd look much better that way
with the fluid mystically boiling off in big clouds. I heard of a team
managing to put together a super-conductor that works very close to room
temperature, there was even one in Focus that claimed to have one at room
temperature and was investigating it to be sure. How is there such a massive
current/field at zero volts and zero ohms? I mean, why is there any force on
the electrons to move if there is no difference from where they're at and
where they're going? I take it electrons have to move through some
resistance to produce a magnetic field or else capacitors would be
incredibly big magnets wouldn't they? In school we did a thing about
magnetism, as well as those damned elastic bands, and we listed one of the
factors affecting it as resistance in the wire. I realised after I sent that
someone would point out that the field didn't have to move if the object
did, shucks... I'm slow. I know I must be wrong somewhere because the
Japanise Maglev trains use super-conductors and I've seen super-conducting
discs floatings at critical temperatures, that might just be because they
can be made from magnetic materials though. This is getting pretty far off
CNC, it's all one big learning expirience being on here. CNC to X-Rays to
space elevators to MRI's all the way through to small female cockroaches and
they're noses.

Best wishes,
John H.

N.B: I wrote to ESAB here in the UK telling them something was wrong with
their site and jokingly asked if I had won a welder for my effort. They
replied and very seriously referred me to someone else from ESAB to ask them
instead, there might be an oppertunity in there. :-) It's worth a try is my
theory, I wouldn't refuse a £3500 Tig set myself.