CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: digitized point smoothing algorithm

Posted by yahoo@a...
on 2001-06-13 08:21:18 UTC
Decide your accuracy tolerance, then using an equation for the end
points of lines or arcs, (G01 and G03 etc in G code) compare the
equation to each of your points.

As long as the points are within the tolerances, throw out the points
and use the equation.

Decide your radius tolerance, if the deviation from the linear
equation is greater than the radius, change to arc. If it is less,
change to linear.

Buck

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "Tom Eldredge" <harmonyt@r...> wrote:
> Gentlemen,
>
> One more question about digitizing. (Maybe I am provoking a little
more digitizing chatter)

> After I obtain a string of x,y points from digitizing, I would like
to be able to produce some smooth curves between the points, without
using a whole cad program to do so. Does anyone know of some source
code which would allow me to take my digitized list of points in an
ascii file and run them through an algorithm that would produce
intermediate points and a slight smoothing effect on the digitized
points? I realize that I am being very subjective in this, as I
haven't said how much smoothing I want, but I would like to be able
to fool around with some different values and select an appropriate
amount of smoothing effect.

> I realize this is a big general question, but I have seen bigger
ones on this forum, and I thought I would ask and see what happens.
It seems like Chris Stratton, the instrument maker might be able to
help, if I am able to follow his explanation with my limited mental
faculties.

Tom Eldredge 2001-06-13 07:55:35 UTC digitized point smoothing algorithm yahoo@a... 2001-06-13 08:21:18 UTC Re: digitized point smoothing algorithm Chris Stratton 2001-06-13 08:53:30 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] digitized point smoothing algorithm Alan Marconett KM6VV 2001-06-13 12:19:26 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] digitized point smoothing algorithm rab@r... 2001-06-13 21:53:38 UTC Re: digitized point smoothing algorithm Tom Eldredge 2001-06-14 10:34:31 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] digitized point smoothing algorithm Tom Eldredge 2001-06-14 10:34:39 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] digitized point smoothing algorithm Alan Marconett KM6VV 2001-06-14 11:18:54 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] digitized point smoothing algorithm Chris Stratton 2001-06-14 11:46:28 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] digitized point smoothing algorithm Tom Eldredge 2001-06-17 05:54:01 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] digitized point smoothing algorithm