CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] List of commands for a 1983 vintage Anilam Crusader II milling machine control.

"Fitch R. Williams" wrote:

> I'm struggling with this Anilam manual. I find it hard to believe,
> but no place in it is there a complete listing of all the commands and
> canned cycles with the correct command syntax.

Omitting the description of canned cycles is not surprising, as the canned
cycles are often defined by the machine builder, and either included in
the executive by the control manufacturer, or configured by the machine
builder before shipping. The lack of the command syntax for the canned
cycles is a bit more puzzling.

> I am beginning to
> think it may have things that are not mentioned at all. the date on
> it is 7-18-1983. It has a G80 series of drilling commands, but in
> some examples has G7x series drilling commands. It has hole circles,
> etc. Alas, not in one usable list.

Many machines had canned cycles defined on an individual machine basis,
and new tricks were added as customers demanded them.

> I need this list so I can put the correct command syntax into the
> custom setup menu of BobCAD, or any other CAM program I happen to end
> up with.

Well, another way to go is to completely forget canned cycles, and have
"canned G-code" or programs that create the canned cycle functions for
you out of standard G-code moves.

> Hoping for a bit of luck, before I set out to create a list like that,
> I'm asking if anybody has a complete list as described above? If so,
> I would love to get a copy of it. If it on paper, scan it and I will
> type it in and make it available to any who are interested.

Unless they are using the exact same executive and configuration as you
are, not ONLY the same CNC control, such a list would be of no use.
Canned cycles are not standard G-code, except in the most cursory
manner. The way the R-plane works and all sorts of other details of
of canned cycles, especially the way some use stored (but changable)
parameters, is totally non-standardized, even on the same maker's control.

> If no one has one, I'll just go ahead and see if I can create one.
> Once I get it done I'll post it here and put a copy in the RCM drop
> box as a text file. I'll do the same for the BobCAD Anilam.cfg file
> when I get it cleaned up and usable. The one that came with BobCAD is
> dis functional for my particular controller (older than dirt by
> computer standards).

If you do submit such a document, be sure to include the CNC control's
model number, and the version, revision, etc. for the executive (even if
you have to read numbers off the EPROMS).

> As an aside, it occurs to me that those using BobCAD who have finally
> arrived at a decent usable config file to match their controller would
> be doing the world a favor by sharing it, and a text version of it. I
> suspect we could put together a collection of data that would also be
> useful for configuring the files in some of the other low end
> packages.

I use it pretty much 'bare'. About the only things I have are G01 G17
at the beginning, and M02 at the end. I could probably add a few more
things at the beginning. Maybe some other controls need more presetting
at the beginning.

Jon Elson 2001-06-18 19:10:06 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] List of commands for a 1983 vintage Anilam Crusader II milling machine control. Fitch R. Williams 2001-06-18 19:16:08 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] List of commands for a 1983 vintage Anilam Crusader II milling machine control. Fitch R. Williams 2001-06-18 19:27:33 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] List of commands for a 1983 vintage Anilam Crusader II milling machine control.