CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Gecko 201a

on 2001-06-19 17:14:19 UTC
Hi Art,

Not sure what you mean by "bi-directional". The parallel port can be
bi-directional. The opto-isolators pass a "signal" in a single
direction, as I'm sure you know.

Do you mean common-ground vs. common +5VDC? The G201A's do not support
that option.

the G210 is a G201 with a "step pulse multiplier" board installed. The
Gecko's, in either case, need +5 referenced to the PC's signals. What
we would rather NOT do is get this voltage (with a regulator) from the
motor's +24 - 80v supply; NO isolation!

Hope this is clear! Gecko's library and data sheets should tell more!

Alan KM6VV

Art Fenerty wrote:

> Hi All:
>
> I have a customer designing a system and he's using Gecko 201A's. Is the optocoupler in the step / dir input bi-directional, or does he require a separate 5vdc power supply to run the gecko's? I know the 210 is bi-directional, but I don't know about the 201a's.
>
> I'd appreciate any knowledge you could send my way on this,
>
> Thanks,
> Art

Discussion Thread

Art Fenerty 2001-06-19 16:48:19 UTC Gecko 201a Alan Marconett KM6VV 2001-06-19 17:14:19 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Gecko 201a