CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Vector / Ace Converter / Linux

on 2001-07-05 09:40:15 UTC
Try the enclosed link for the CAD part of your question. As for the CAM
part, I'm relatively new to machining and have not have time to research
that aspect of it.

http://www.cadforum.com/lcad/lcadfreeware.asp

Wine will work okay with some programs, but I have not tried it with CAD or
CAM. So I can not say for sure. VMWare and WIN4LIN are two programs that
work with cad at least the program that I've been using only that you are
running a virtual machine which means that you'll need a fast setup to make
it bearable. Plus you are sharing the CPU with Linux which might have a
negative effect as to the fact that you can not do real time monitoring.