CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC init

Joel Jacobs wrote:

> Hi, I was just playing with the BDI version of EMC. This is the first
> version I've played with that was able to specify the interpreters startup
> models in the .ini file. I saw in the .ini that a startup model of G20 was
> specified but when I started EMC with the TkEMC GUI that it displays G21 at
> the bottom. If I do a file>reset it does change to G20.
> Is there a reason that TkEMC does not reset the interpreter when it
> starts? Would it be possible for me to make a change to TkEMC that would
> cause it to do so?

I think that there was too much being reset. (Maybe that was a different
situation, and over a year ago.) But, I remember that there was a version
that
erased all the preset work offsets (G59.x) and the G92 coordinate offsets
when every program ended! This was an extremely annoying problem, but
was fixed pretty easily. I'm not exactly sure what the problem you have
is, is it just that one setting (inch or metric) that is coming up wrong?
I think there is a way to preset what these modes start up as.

Joel Jacobs 2001-07-13 09:53:31 UTC EMC init Jon Elson 2001-07-13 11:04:57 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC init Joel Jacobs 2001-07-13 11:59:12 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC init