CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] scraping

on 2001-07-18 20:00:13 UTC
Smoke wrote:

> I believe the real solution is building the frame strong enough to eliminate
> the suggested "solutions". Another solution is to design the machine
> properly in the begining to eliminate the problems...such as building the
> "base for the table much longer so as to allow the table to be fully
> supported thruout its travel (eliminating the possiblity of end sag.
>
> Smoke

Dear Smoke,
I agree with you here. But what do you with an existing machine.
My french lady has a travel of 1,2 meters and a bed of 1,3 meters. perfect no
trouble The day is its turn I will simply scrape it flat.
But look at most standard # 2 mills they travel 80 cm and have a
bed of only 60 cm. And often it is very thin without much material.

As Jon says a Cincinnati like monster becomes extremely heavy.
At one of my clients there are two #2 mills side by side. A nice english
Beavermill and a Cincinnati the difference in weight is 2,5 to 1,8 tons and a
taiwanese BP copy perhaps only 1,3 tons.
I like the Cincinnati because of its stiffness. But in all cases I prefer the
european design line for universal mills. Well its a question of taste and what
you grew
up with you will always prefer.

Not everybody has the luck to build his own Dreammachine like you.
How far did you get?
Good Luck
Sven Peter

Smoke 2001-07-17 21:36:56 UTC scraping Jon Elson 2001-07-17 23:08:56 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] scraping Sven Peter, TAD S.A. 2001-07-18 20:00:13 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] scraping Smoke 2001-07-18 20:55:48 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] scraping