CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Bridgeport serial numbers Was: scraping beds for long tables

lew best wrote:

> This could be due to these being the WW2 years.

No, I don't think we're still trying to confuse the Axis powers.
It looks very much like some simple typos and one place where
there is a gap of 20 numbers in the continuity of the serials.

> There are some discrepancies in the list, in the 1941 - 1943 range.
> It may have happened during scanning of a page, or manual entry,
> where the most significant digit was dropped or entered incorrectly.
> The number ranges overlap, and the starting number for 1942 even
> goes backward from 1941! Otherwise, this is a fine bit of information.

Jon Elson 2001-07-18 22:08:11 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Bridgeport serial numbers Was: scraping beds for long tables