CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] BDI Installs, EMC/Gecko/Parallel Port interface

on 2001-07-21 11:53:45 UTC
Hi Ian,

So that's what the house is for. I'm still wondering why "root" is not
the root of the file hierarchy. ;>)

I found the CD under it, also there is a CD on the "desktop" that takes
me to the "CD repository on the BDI CD". And RPM generates BDI RPM's.
Then I see 100's of .rpm's, looks like one for every file! Not just
the 4 or so "package" choices seen on the install. Tried ecgs and ecgs
C++, they installed. Now to figure out WHAT packages I need.

Alan KM6VV

Ian Wright wrote:

> Alan,
>
> Just in case you havn't found it yet, the file manager is the little icon
> that looks like a house on the bottom bar. When you open it up, you will
> again see the 'root' directory so you need to step back a level to see
> everything. To get to the stuff on the CD, head for the /mnt directory where
> you will see a folder called /cdrom. In here you will find the /RedHat/RPMS
> folder which has all the programs in that Paul is referring to.
>
> Ian
> --
> Ian W. Wright
> Sheffield UK
> www.iw63.freeserve.co.uk

Discussion Thread

Alan Marconett KM6VV 2001-07-21 11:53:45 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] BDI Installs, EMC/Gecko/Parallel Port interface Ian Wright 2001-07-21 13:29:38 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] BDI Installs, EMC/Gecko/Parallel Port interface Jon Elson 2001-07-21 15:51:18 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] BDI Installs, EMC/Gecko/Parallel Port interface Alan Marconett KM6VV 2001-07-21 17:28:00 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] BDI Installs, EMC/Gecko/Parallel Port interface Alan Marconett KM6VV 2001-07-24 17:33:16 UTC Re: BDI Installs, EMC/Gecko/Parallel Port interface