CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Off topic: Linux

info.host@... wrote:

> I just saw some of you are using Linux and was wondering if you could help
> me with something. I bought Corel Linux, the pretty GUI one, and I've tried
> it on a bunch of a my computers. On one of the machines it won't mount the
> cd drive, we think because it's part DVD as well even though it supports
> DVD, the other machine it has a reoccuring error as it starts up to do with
> the hard drive that we can not get rid of and only on one other does it
> work, my oldest 200Mx. The problem is that it has no PS2 ports. I have to
> use a serial mouse and it refuses to recognise it's there. Any ideas on how
> I might go about checking to see if it's looking on the serial port for a
> mouse? Remember I can't use the mouse to navigate so I have to be able to
> reach said place using the keys and I'm totally new to Linux. : ) It's
> worth all the effort just for the backgrounds.

You MUST go through the hardware compatibility list for EVERY single
device on your system. If it is not on the "fully supported" list, swap it
for something that is. Id you have even one piece of hardware that is
not on the list, you can hit a stumbling block that will prevent you from going

further. I use Red Hat, but I'm sure Corel must have their own list, or
point you to a list somewhere on the net. You can access the list from a
Windows machine, as it is just a web page. Many mice variants are not
supported, some motherboards are not, a number of CD drives are not.

info.host@b... 2001-07-22 08:11:09 UTC Off topic: Linux John Branlund 2001-07-22 09:04:55 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Off topic: Linux Jon Elson 2001-07-22 09:51:21 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Off topic: Linux