CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Gcode to DXF

on 2001-07-26 10:52:25 UTC
Hi again Tom,

You HAVE To have Vector CAD/CAM, as the Gcode imports into the NC window
ok, but when you copy from NC window (in CAM-only), and attempt to paste
into drawing window, you'll get TEXT, not the lines! Only fair! But
hay, it's a great CAD program!

Alan KM6VV
P.S. Sorry if this is a duplicate msg!

Alan Marconett KM6VV wrote:

> Hi Tom, Shabbir,
>
> You may not have missed out! I think Fred extended the offer!?
>
> But check to see if the CAD-only vers. can do this too! I'll be looking
> tonight, or ask Fred! I don't think it's a slam-dunk, but Vector CAD is
> worth it anyway, and then you can try some files! I have done a limited
> amount of Gcode TO DXF with Vector CAD/CAM. I couldn't get around
> G17/18/19 exchanges. 2D probably easier!
>
> I don't believe GCODE 95 or 2000 can do this. I only recall it doing
> DXF to Gcode.
>
> Alan KM6VV
>
> Tom Murray wrote:
> >
> > --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "M. SHABBIR MOGHUL" <shabm@d...> wrote:
> > > it is G-CODE 95 or ver 2000.
> > > it converts any g-code file into DXF.
> > > shabbir
> >
> > Shabbir-
> >
> > Are you sure G-CODE 95 can go FROM g-code TO dxf? I didn't see any
> > mention about that in the product description. Unfortunately, I
> > haven't been able to download the program, as the download fails
> > about half-way through.
> >
> > > Depending on how complex it is, Vector CAD/CAM can import Gcode
> > > into a drawing, and then you can export it as DXF.
> > > Alan KM6VV
> >
> > Allen-
> >
> > Oh well, I missed the boat on the low cost VectorCAD offer. I knew
> > that there was a program that could do it, just couldn't recall which
> > one it was.
> >
> > Thanks for the help, Shabbir and Allen.
> >
> > Tom Murray

Discussion Thread

Alan Marconett KM6VV 2001-07-26 10:52:25 UTC Gcode to DXF