CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] free linux installation

Posted by Paul
on 2001-07-26 13:52:35 UTC
Hi Patrick, Jon

These scams do nothing to promote linux, in fact it has the opposite affect - I
wonder if this is a M$ funded thing......

If you really want linux installed for free, get in contact with your local
Linux User Group, or have words with the local Uni.
At the end of May there was a national Linux open day here in the UK - The main
exersise was to raise awareness of linux and in the process, a number of people
ended up with it installed on their computers.

Regards, Paul.

On Thu, 26 Jul 2001, Jon Elson wrote:

> First, check if they are still in business. There was an outfit here in town running
> national ads for jobs for Linux experts. They would train you for a fee, then put
> you to work. It was apparently a nationwide scam, collecting fees of several
> thousand $ per student, then they went out of business with no jobs for anyone.
> I think there may have been several other outfits with similar schemes.
>
> For someone to take the time to set up linux on any hardware you bring in, or do
> it at your site, they are going to need to make money on some continuing support.
> Be assured, the system will either stop working shortly after the guy leaves, or
> you are going to be hassled endlessly for paid support.
>
> Note the PROMINENT placement of the "Invest in Linux Centers" link. Starting
> at ONLY $50 K! Yes, you too can start drubbing the businesses around you for
> a fleecing!

Discussion Thread

Patrick Huss 2001-07-26 09:21:49 UTC free linux installation Fitch R. Williams 2001-07-26 09:52:47 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] free linux installation Jon Elson 2001-07-26 10:50:12 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] free linux installation Paul 2001-07-26 13:52:35 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] free linux installation