CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Comparison of CAD

on 2001-07-28 17:02:18 UTC
Hi Randy, List,

Speaking of using old CAD's, I have Cadvance (was Pcad) on old Windoz
3.11 machine. Cadvance runs under DOS, funny EMM requirements. Anyway,
I was looking for some of my old CAD drawings; and Cadvance wouldn't
come up. "Security" failure, and I didn't care to hunt up/debug the
dongle error.

My question: Anyone know of a program that can read old VWF Cadvance
files? If not, I'm going to get the program up somehow, and output .PLT
files, which I can convert to .DXF files. I don't suppose anyone still
runs Cadvance!

Alan KM6VV

Randy Gordon-Gilmore wrote:

> At 11:10 AM 7/28/01 -0600, Smoke wrote:
>
> >When working for a small shop...or for yourself...the watchwords are "KEEP
> >COSTS DOWN"!
>
> I hear you, Smoke. For myself, I use a 1988 copy of Versacad 2D for
> everything from layouts of my back yard to photoetching artwork to railroad
> model mechanism designing. And I have recently written a macro to take a
> 2D contour and output gcode. It fits me like a pair of well-broken-in
> moccasins. But for someone just entering his or her worklife, I want to
> recommend the state of the art.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Randy

Discussion Thread

Alan Marconett KM6VV 2001-07-28 17:02:18 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Comparison of CAD