CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Rong FU 45 - my counter $.02

Posted by ptengin@a...
on 2001-07-29 03:41:17 UTC
In a message dated 07/28/2001 2:58:27 AM Hawaiian Standard Time,
vrsculptor@... writes:

> Its cheaper in the long run and
> you will get a better machine if you refit an old CNC machine.
>
> Roger

Roger,

I'd be the first to admit the cost effectiveness of retrofitting an old CNC
machine for our use. Used bedmills though, are exceedingly rare (seems to me
anyway) in Bridgeport series 1 size. 5 inches or so of quill travel nor knee
Z axis appeal to me. Hence my stubborn desire to see the RF-45 project
through. Wish I had seen the GEM earlier....

Peter
THRD, Inc

ptengin@a... 2001-07-29 03:41:17 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Rong FU 45 - my counter $.02