CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Remember those Goldmine motors ?

Posted by Art Eckstein
on 2001-08-01 16:09:09 UTC
Alan,
I saw a site some where (possibly US Digital) that showed the various
combination of code wheels/linear that could be used together. [actually,
it was the other way around, but you get the idea]

If I can run across it again, will send the URL to you.

At 02:36 AM 8/1/01 -0700, you wrote:

>Remember those little 24volt Electronics Goldmine servo motors ? The
>ones with the 1000/4000 count rotary encoders on the back ?
>
>Did anyone ever figure out what LINEAR count the encoders were good
>for ?
>
>I bought a few of these motors and messed up the code wheels
>disassembling them. Not too worried as codewheels are pretty cheap.
>But I never did come up with a wonderful way to convert linear to
>rotary AND have it fit on my little machines. So now I'd like to use
>them with a linear strip.
>

>Current Plan:
>-------------
>
>I'm now nearing the end of a project to put a bigger table on my little
>Burke universal horizontal mill.
>
> original = 1 slot, 4"x14", 8" travel
> new = 2 slots, 6"x18", 12" travel
>
>The "table" itself is part of a Grizzley XY table, the leadscrew is the
>acme screw off my Shoptask, and the base is something I've built myself.
>
>( Take a piece of steel 11"x6"x2". Mill away 85% of it. Apologize to
> your Shoptask after doing so. )
>
>The plan here is to put the linear strip and encoder UNDER the table.
>It will be VERY tight, but there's really NO other place to put it. And
>if it all fits, it will be nicely protected.
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Alan
>
>--
>
>Alan Rothenbush | The Spartans do not ask the number of the
>Academic Computing Services | enemy, only where they are.
>Simon Fraser University |
>Burnaby, B.C., Canada | Agix of Sparta

Bubba

OLDER THAN DIRT
Country Bubba
(Actually the inventor of Country and Bubba)

axtein@...
LaGrange, GA

http://www.surfsouth.com/~axtein

beer@s... 2001-08-01 10:16:59 UTC Remember those Goldmine motors ? Tim 2001-08-01 12:53:01 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Remember those Goldmine motors ? Art Eckstein 2001-08-01 16:09:09 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Remember those Goldmine motors ?