CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Vellum, was Re: Re: Re: CAM Expert software

Posted by IMService
on 2001-08-01 21:02:58 UTC
Message: 23
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2001 17:49:25 -0700
From: Craig Chamberlin <ccc@...>
Subject: Re: Re: CAM Expert software

>was told
> that Vellum Solids is being tiered and that the lower end version starts
> at $995.00.

Glad you mentioned this Craig. I saw the announcement that they were going to change their marketing strategy, but nobody talked about prices.

At $995(less $100 for commercial beta testers), Argon is the best bang for the buck that you will find in the 3D cad market. It has combined wireframe, surfaces, and Solids. Nurbs, and an amazing array of import and export filters.

Even more exciting is Neon. At $495(less $50 for commercial beta testers), you get almost the same import filters and STL output. I'm talking 3D DWG, DXF, IGES, STEP, PRO/E, ACIS, Parasolids, 3DS, Rhino etc. Just a viewer alone of this capability is usually priced at $800-$900, let alone a program that can also translate between any of these formats, and does limited solid modeling too.

Both these programs hit my 3D Cad list as compatible with StlWork. Linked and listed. http://www.stlwork.com/3dcad.html

P.S. they BOTH have less expensive academic and educational licenses.

Argon, StlWork, + Vector(with Lathe & 4 axis wire edm too) for less than 1/2 the price of OneCNC ($3495 list for Mill professional?)

Heh Heh.

Best Regards,
Fred Smith- IMService We are THE source for low cost Cad-Cam.

Listserve Special discounts and offers are at: http://209.69.202.197/cced.html

Discussion Thread

IMService 2001-08-01 21:02:58 UTC Vellum, was Re: Re: Re: CAM Expert software