CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] More on CAD

Posted by lew best
on 2001-08-01 21:02:44 UTC
Hi Chris

Any idea where I can download this 2.01 version? Sensiva.com only shows a
later version that's a "try 30 days" then buy it program. Sounds like a
program simple enough I might be able to learn it. Did a yahoo search;
found it and downloaded it but it's apparently in German. :(

ZDnet doesn't list it.

Lew

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Luebke [mailto:datac@...]
Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2001 6:11 PM
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] More on CAD

Sensiva (sensiva.com) was always a freeware that allowed you to tmake a
movement
with a mouse, Like a >slide to the left< in a defined or predefined shape,
(while holding down the right mouse button), any tool/view command.

Common uses are "slide right" to call up Zoom Tool, "slide left" for
Previous
View, "slide diagnally down to the left " Extent View.

I use a corner shape slide to trim, another to call up the offset command
etc. I
even use one to flip back and forth between "View Page" or not !
A slide can be assigned a whole series of key combinations and even system
commands. You can even have it type stuff for you !

I love it. But, some of the newer versions did not work quite as bug free. I
am
currently using 2.01. If you would ever like to get my pre-programmed
commands
(they refer to it as a plug-in) for Sketch, just holler. You could convert
it to
Q-Cad easily.

Currently, I am searching out "Button Based" macro methods.......... you
create
button bars with your own icons to do what ever commands you want. I found
one
that will even attach itself TO an application. So, if you ever get a
software
with a lousy unconfigurable toolbar you can make your own. Jury is still
out.............

Chris L

Smoke wrote:

> No... I've never even heard of Sensiva...care to clue me in?
>
> Thanks, Smoke

Microgafix
> and
> >> don't like it. QC is much easer ti use.
> >>
> >> Another point to mention would be that when the drawing is printed it
is
> >> printed to scale ACCURATELY. This means provides an excellent means to
> >> check your work (machining) directly from the drawing as an aid in
> >> preventing mixtakes. (error at left intended)
> >>
> >> For me, the biggest advantages (for any CAD package) are the time saved
> when
> >> needing to revise drawings in the future and the ability to easily
check
> >> parts for rotational function (yes...you can do this on a 2D drafting
> >> package) and possible interferences . Another advantage is the ease
and
> low
> >> cost of sending drawings to others...email instead of USPS or UPS
> >> Were it not for these and other advantages, I'd stick with a drawing
> board
> >> and drafting tools. An expert can be pretty fast with "old fashioned"
> >> tools.
> >>
> >> Smoke.

> >> go with the program that lets you draw the item

> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
> >> >

> >> Addresses:
> >> FAQ: http://www.ktmarketing.com/faq.html
> >>
> >> Post messages: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com