CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Fun with the BDI and EMC !

Posted by Paul
on 2001-08-04 13:23:08 UTC
Hi Dom

I bet you have a RealTek 100Mb network card installed. Open a console up and
run " insmod " at the command prompt. You should see a line with " rtl8139 " in
the list. I had this very same conversation with Carl (hi Carl) earlier - If
you do have the RealTek card, then the fix is easy.

The fix is so simple, I'm suprised it was not spotted years ago. But with
all
the possible harware combinations available, it is quite easy to overlook.
Find the file install_rtlinux_base (in the EMC folder) and open it in a text
editor - A right click on the file will bring up a menu box.
Find the file install_rtlinux_base in /usr/local/emc and open it in a text
editor.

Line 26 needs an additional grep added so that it reads as below.

# Install RT-Linux core module, if it is not installed check to see
# if it exists.
# added by terrylr 16 oct 2000
#
if ! /sbin/lsmod | grep -v rtl_ | grep -v rtl8139 | grep rtl 1> /dev/null 2>
/dev/null ; then
if test -f /lib/modules/$rev/misc/rtl.o 1> /dev/null 2> /dev/null ; then
echo /sbin/insmod -f /lib/modules/$rev/misc/rtl.o
/sbin/insmod -f /lib/modules/$rev/misc/rtl.o
fi
fi

Before you start editing the file, turn off word wrap under
Options->KEdit_Options.

If this doesn't fix the problem, email me off list with the BDI version you
have installed, and we can go through the possible problems.

Regards, Paul.

On Sat, 04 Aug 2001, NCS wrote:
> Ok, I upgraded the computer I was going to run
> EMC on from a K6-233 to a Duron-750.
>
> The 'BDI' installs everything fine, but when I try to
> run EMC, nothing happens except for the splash screen.
>
> The splash screen appears, disappears, and that's it!
>
> ????
>
> EMC was working on the K6-233, except for a few issues
> with the video card screwing up the screen and running
> very slowly.
>
> - Dom

Discussion Thread

NCS 2001-08-04 12:03:17 UTC Fun with the BDI and EMC ! Paul 2001-08-04 13:23:08 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Fun with the BDI and EMC ! William Scalione 2001-08-04 16:34:05 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Fun with the BDI and EMC !