CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Digest Number 181

Posted by Ray Henry
on 1999-09-24 19:56:55 UTC
Darrell

I had the same problem because I was not doing a workstation install. I
had an initial dos partition with win95. I got the same initial console
problem. What Tim suggested that I do is comment out the replacement of
the lilo config file in his script and use the origional that was generated
during the linux install. Then edit into the lilo config file the stuff
necessary for rt boot.

It worked for me.

Ray

-----om-----
From: "Darrell Gehlsen" <darrell@...>
>Subject: rtpatch
>
>Well I downloaded everything for the rtpatch and followed your
instructions and the first time through when I rebooted I got a kernel
panic. So I reinstalled linux 5.2 kernel 2.0.36-0.7 using the hard drive
format on your instructions, reinstalled the rtpatch and now it can not
open an initial console and hangs on both rtlinux and linux.
>any help?

Discussion Thread

Ray Henry 1999-09-24 19:56:55 UTC Re: Digest Number 181