CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: rtpatch

on 1999-09-24 20:42:57 UTC
I finally got the rtpatch loaded and downloaded the Aug 30 EMC file from
Tim's web site. I also downloaded Matt's 64stepper.ini and run.64step.378
files and changed the 0x3F00000 line to 0x1F00000 for my 32 meg system.
Everything seemed to install no problem but when I ran run.64step378, the
computer locked up and it looks like I will have to turn the power off to
get it back.
Darrell

----- Original Message -----
From: Jon Elson <jmelson@...>
To: <CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@onelist.com>
Sent: Friday, September 24, 1999 3:34 PM
Subject: Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] rtpatch

> From: Jon Elson <jmelson@...>
>

> Darrell Gehlsen wrote:
>
> > From: "Darrell Gehlsen" <darrell@...>
> >
> > Well I downloaded everything for the rtpatch and followed your
instructions and the first time through when I rebooted I got a kernel
panic. So I reinstalled linux 5.2 kernel 2.0.36-0.7 using the hard drive
format on your instructions, reinstalled the rtpatch and now it can not open
an initial console and hangs on both rtlinux and linux.

> Your old kernel should still be out there in the /boot directory. When it
says boot:
> you can enter the tab key, and it will show the names of all known kernels
installed in LILO.
> If there are other kernels there, try one of the other ones.
> (Sounds like you have at least 2 kernels there, is that all?) I think
maybe one of the partitions didn't get formatted
> properly (or the partition with /bin, /root and or /sbin got cleared).
>
> Jon
>
> > Welcome to CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@...,an unmoderated list for the
discussion of shop built systems in the above catagories.
> To Unsubscribe, read archives, change to or from digest.
> Go to: http://www.onelist.com/isregistered.cgi
> Log on, and you will go to Member Center, and you can make changes there.
> For the FAQ, go to http://www.ktmarketing.com/faq.html
> bill,
> List Manager

Discussion Thread

Darrell Gehlsen 1999-09-24 13:50:20 UTC rtpatch Jon Elson 1999-09-24 15:34:13 UTC Re: rtpatch Darrell Gehlsen 1999-09-24 20:42:57 UTC Re: rtpatch Darrell Gehlsen 1999-09-24 20:46:32 UTC Re: rtpatch stratton@x... 1999-09-24 21:18:51 UTC Re: rtpatch