CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] G Code questions

on 2001-08-09 15:35:27 UTC
Hi Ethan,

Thanks for the explanation! Very visual. And the part is on a rotary
table rotating in Z axis? Yes! not a simple cut. You deepen the cut
into the work by moving in X.

Assuming I've finally got it, then one could write code to cut one
*ARC*, follow cut with an X move to deepen the cut. Make six copies of
this. Then add a rotate table. Now copy the entire cuts/rotate six
times for six "tracks". (assumes tool retract and return after each
individual cut). This would simplify SOME of the work (as you probably
know/done already!), if subroutines are not available.

Much of this can be done by the CAD (draw the 6 deeper arc's, connect in
Z), then copy 6 times for 6 tracks, and manually put in 6 table rotates
between the tracks.

Interesting piece!

HTH!

Alan KM6VV

Ethan Vos wrote:

> Think of six tracks on the inside of a wine glass running the same direction as the stem.
>
> Actually the tracks are cut X and Z with a rotation around Y with a horizontal tool along the Y axis instead of a vertical Z axis tool.
>
> Ethan

Discussion Thread

Ethan Vos 2001-08-09 04:47:49 UTC G Code questions Fred Smith 2001-08-09 07:31:35 UTC Re: G Code questions Marcus & Eva 2001-08-09 08:49:17 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: G Code questions Alan Marconett KM6VV 2001-08-09 10:30:27 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] G Code questions Jon Elson 2001-08-09 11:17:07 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] G Code questions Ethan Vos 2001-08-09 11:20:20 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] G Code questions Smoke 2001-08-09 11:31:03 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: G Code questions Smoke 2001-08-09 11:45:26 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] G Code questions Ethan Vos 2001-08-09 12:00:11 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] G Code questions Alan Marconett KM6VV 2001-08-09 12:32:12 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] G Code questions Ethan Vos 2001-08-09 12:46:42 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] G Code questions Alan Marconett KM6VV 2001-08-09 15:35:27 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] G Code questions Jon Elson 2001-08-09 21:44:58 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] G Code questions