CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: EMC Problem

Posted by Ian Wright
on 1999-09-27 11:56:30 UTC

Sheffield UK

----- Original Message -----
From: Fred Proctor <proctor@...>
To: <CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@onelist.com>
Sent: 27 September 1999 17:37
Subject: Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC Problem

> From: Fred Proctor <proctor@...>
>
> EMC users,
>
> Ian Wright wrote regarding 4 axes in the EMC:
>
> The xemc display program will only support 3 axes. The "yemc" program,
> which is an interrim test GUI we wrote, will display up to six axes. It
> was done to support the EMC on a hexapod machine. For example, in your
> .ini file, you can do this:
>
> [TRAJ]
> AXES = 6
> COORDINATES = X Y Z R P W
>
> to get the yemc to display 6 values, X-Y-Z-roll-pitch-yaw. W denotes yaw
> since Y is taken. In the COORDINATES entry you put whichever subset of
> these you want and the labels are set accordingly and the proper values
> are taken out of the controller and printed.
>
> Note that this is not suitable for machining centers, which use ABC
> format instead of RPW. Even with this obstacle, the EMC motion planning
> only supports Cartesian XYZ motion at this point, and the interpreter
> only supports XYZ.

> handles ABC format, and a GUI revision that displays all your axes.
> Estimated time of arrival is a few months.

Discussion Thread

Ian Wright 1999-09-27 03:06:18 UTC EMC Problem Fred Proctor 1999-09-27 09:37:07 UTC Re: EMC Problem Ian Wright 1999-09-27 11:56:30 UTC Re: EMC Problem Brian Register 1999-09-27 16:55:47 UTC Re: EMC Problem Ian Wright 1999-09-28 02:30:04 UTC Re: EMC Problem Jon Anderson 1999-09-28 07:31:33 UTC Re: EMC Problem Brian Register 1999-09-28 12:09:10 UTC Re: EMC Problem Jon Elson 1999-09-28 21:55:51 UTC Re: EMC Problem