CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Up and running, sort of

Posted by Ian Wright
on 2001-08-14 00:11:28 UTC
Hi Weyland,

Once you have the tkemc window running hit F1 and then F2, watch the little
pane in the top left that says 'ESTOP' while you do so. Then, if you hit the
arrow keys or PgUp and PgDn you should be able to make the numbers change -
these are the 'jog' keys. If you hit F5, the cursor will appear in the empty
line near the bottom of the window, the 'MANUAL' pane will change to 'MDI'
and you will be ably to type in move commands like G1x2y3z4f1 and see what
happens.

This should keep you amused for an hour or two!!

You can go back to manual mode with the F3 key or into 'auto' mode (where
you load and run a pre-written g-code file) using the F4 key.

Ian
--
Ian W. Wright
Sheffield UK
www.iw63.freeserve.co.uk
----- Original Message -----
From: "Weyland" <weyland@...>
To: <cAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: 14 August 2001 01:34
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Up and running, sort of

> Okay, got everything worked out and threw another
> monitor at the machine so I could actually see the whole display.
>
> It certainly looks kewl, but I have no idea what I'm doing.
> I looked in the EMC Handbook file, but I
> don't see anything on how to make it run (i.e. - users guide)

Discussion Thread

Weyland 2001-08-13 17:34:49 UTC Up and running, sort of Jon Elson 2001-08-13 23:16:47 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Up and running, sort of Ian Wright 2001-08-14 00:11:28 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Up and running, sort of Ray 2001-08-14 06:57:07 UTC Re: Up and running, sort of Paul 2001-08-14 12:18:12 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Up and running, sort of