CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Up and running, sort of

Posted by Ray
on 2001-08-14 06:57:07 UTC
From: "Weyland" <weyland@...>

>Okay, got everything worked out and threw another
>monitor at the machine so I could actually see the whole display.

Good job!

>It certainly looks kewl, but I have no idea what I'm doing.
>I looked in the EMC Handbook file, but I
>don't see anything on how to make it run (i.e. - users guide)

>I'm probably not looking in the right place.
>Can someone give me a point in the right direction?

You can get some of this from the tkemc help -> help menu. The file is
named emc/doc/help.txt if you decide to print it out. Xemc and yemc will
also show some kind of a help file.

There is a copy of the NIST EMC software page, sans Matt's picture,
in the same directory. It is named emcsoft.html.

Note - kfm the file browser will show html as a web page whenever you click
on an html file or when a directory has a file named "index.html" in it.
You can turn off this "feature" by clicking on view -> HTML view, but it
keeps coming back. Once I had a blank index.html file in a directory and
when I went there with kfm, I thought I'd lost everything in that
directory, boy did I get a sinking feeling. <duh>

HTH

Ray

Discussion Thread

Weyland 2001-08-13 17:34:49 UTC Up and running, sort of Jon Elson 2001-08-13 23:16:47 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Up and running, sort of Ian Wright 2001-08-14 00:11:28 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Up and running, sort of Ray 2001-08-14 06:57:07 UTC Re: Up and running, sort of Paul 2001-08-14 12:18:12 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Up and running, sort of