CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Software advise needed

on 2001-08-15 06:18:59 UTC
One program that could do your job is CadRail, a design program aimed at
designing model railroad layouts. With it you can:

1. Import a picture
2. Easily draw arcs,circles and straight lines

Cadrail costs around $100 USD. Their demo is next to useless for your
application.

Another is Paintshop Pro from Jasc Software.

You can load a picture and then set up a vector layer that you draw circles
and arcs on.

Also costs about $100 USD, but the demo on their web site is full featued,
but time limited. You might want to look at this one first.

Intellicad 2001

This is a full featured CAD program available with no time limits, etc. for
the price of a download. Several companies offer this program. Since you're
in Europe, Atlas out of UK may be your best bet for a download:

http://www.atlascomputers.ie/download.htm

Cadrail is the easiest to learn. Intellicad is the most powerful.

-- Jerry