CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] 3D cad comparison chart update.

on 2001-08-15 11:59:19 UTC
Fred,
I think what you're putting together on this front is excellent...

I see it being the CAD/CAM version of the http://www.desktopcnc.com/ CNC
machine comparisons... a very helpful site...

It makes it so much easier to do direct feature/value comparisons when the
data is all in one place/format... not to mention the fact that it acts as
an index for products available... even when spending under $1000, I would
be peeved if the following week I found another alternative that was (to me)
potentially better...

I have Pro/Desktop, but the support has been atrocious (it's a big fish,
small fish thing)... I also have BobCAD/CAM 17.0, but am not impressed with
the drawing methodology and am for ever having to correct code it puts
out... As the economy is slow, I am not in a position to just buy more
packages in hopes of getting the right one for me... since most of the stuff
I do is relatively simple shapes, I do drawings in AutoSketch and code by
hand... This does restrict what I take on, so I am still looking for the
right combination of CAD/CAM for my next purchase, and I'm sure your page
will be of great help to sort through the pile of possibilities...

Vector is on my list of programs to try, but I am not going to ask for a
demo until I have sufficient time to evaluate it...

Bryan