CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Re: Re: Re: RE: study, study, study smdromod

Posted by Ray
on 2001-08-19 07:14:13 UTC
Weyland (comments in your snipped up post)

From: "Weyland" <weyland@...>

<bas>
>Hey, by the way, what's the deal with the estop?
>Do ya turn the machine on first, or reset the estop first?

Estop off first then machine on. <F2><F3> should do it.

>And how do ya know when to use "manual", "auto", or "MDI"?

Manual for jogs and such. MDI to get you back home (g0 x0y0z0<enter>)
Auto to run a program. Try cds.ngc first with backplotter, then isd.ngc.

>If all this is covered in some part of some manual,
>just let me know and I'll try and find it.
>But so far if I hit the "help" button at the top,
>I get a blank window,

I don't think that's right! The artificial intelligence built into the EMC
must realize that, "You can't stand the truth."<grin> All the tkemc help
does is display a file emc/doc/help.txt. or xemc.txt

Are you using tkemc? Or xemc? You can find this in the ini file that is
referenced on line 27 of the run file that you command.

HTH

Ray

Discussion Thread

Ray 2001-08-18 20:04:49 UTC Re: Re: Re: RE: study, study, study smdromod Ray 2001-08-19 07:14:13 UTC Re: Re: Re: Re: RE: study, study, study smdromod