CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Re: Re: RE: study, study, study smdromod

Posted by Ray
on 2001-08-18 20:04:49 UTC
From: "Weyland" <weyland@...>
<s>
>When a new EMC is released into the wild, how does
>someone thatz already running it update?
>Is it just some piece of code or a file (or ten) that you drop in a
>directory?

Weyland

The binaries and sources that I put up on linuxcnc.org/dropbox are all tar
files. This means that they are simply a compressed set of files in
directories. All you have to do is place them in the sugested directory
and untar them. To do this I use the following command in a terminal
window.

tar xzvf "filename".tgz

You could also use the archiver if you want to work in a graphic
environment. I find it to be a nusance.

These files should not be considered any kind of official release of the
EMC. They are experimental stuff intended for the stout hearted. No
doubt that includes you by now!

HTH

Ray

Discussion Thread

Ray 2001-08-18 20:04:49 UTC Re: Re: Re: RE: study, study, study smdromod Ray 2001-08-19 07:14:13 UTC Re: Re: Re: Re: RE: study, study, study smdromod