CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Mastercam

Posted by Smoke
on 2001-08-25 09:47:24 UTC
I just got a new book from school specifically geared to MasterCAM. This
book looks like a real good one for beginners. It's called "Understanding
Mastrercam" by Kelly Curran & Jon Stenerson, published by Prentice Hall..

If you already know how to run Windows, the first chapter is a waste of ink.

The book covers the basics of drawing using the Mastercam drawing
program...which I will elect not to use as I prefer my QuickCAD program,
creating tool path files, creating G-code files from the toolpath files
and...most important of all to me...importing .dxf files for translating to
Mastercam usage. A practice .dxf file on a floppy comes with the book.

We installed MasterCAM 8 on the machine last year but couldn't use it 'cause
the dealer forgot to include the access code gizmo that fits on back of the
computer. Since we couldn't use the new software, all I did was take a
cursdory look at the manuals. They appeared to be much better than the old
ones but still deficient in some areas.

That's all fixed now and the machine was serviced over the summer, so we're
ready to go next Tuesday when school resumes. Soon as I get familiar with
the program and the manuals, I'll post a new message.

Smoke

-----Original Message-----
From: hllrsr@... <hllrsr@...>
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com <CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Saturday, August 25, 2001 6:42 AM
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Mastercam

>Folks,
>In the process of gearing up again, though I think it will with smaller
>equipment for now (god I hate shortages of space!)
>Anyway, I have aquired a complete copy of Mastercam 8.1 (Original, with
>Dongle and with registration transferred to me!) from work and am in
>need of some assistance.
>
>Are there any books on using Mcam?

Discussion Thread

hllrsr@c... 2001-08-25 05:42:42 UTC Mastercam Marcus & Eva 2001-08-25 08:32:30 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Mastercam Marcus & Eva 2001-08-25 08:35:48 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Mastercam Smoke 2001-08-25 09:47:24 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Mastercam Randy Gordon-Gilmore 2001-08-25 09:55:45 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Mastercam William Scalione 2001-08-25 23:50:47 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Mastercam