CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Bin Files comments and suggestions - Very long

Ethan Vos wrote:

> 2. Is there a way to reset the A axis using a G code command? I don't want
> to rotate it back to 0, just reset the position.

To reset the current position as any particular value, use G92.
To set A back to zero without moving, type in G92 A0 in the MDI mode.

> 5. Can I edit the Tkemc file to set the default font and "World" instead of
> "Joint"? I also need to default "Commanded". I changed the "commanded" in
> the .ini file but it doesn't change the default.

The fonts are defined in the file TkEmc in the main emc directory that
has the .run and .ini files.

> 6. Why does the rotation on axis A only show in "commanded"?

Uh, oh. Sounds like a bug in TkEmc. There were a few things like this that
didn't
work right.

The rest of the things you mention also pretty much sound like deficiencies
in TkEmc.

Ethan Vos 2001-08-29 05:41:39 UTC Bin Files comments and suggestions - Very long Jon Elson 2001-08-29 09:44:48 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Bin Files comments and suggestions - Very long