CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Finally back~!

on 2001-08-30 18:56:29 UTC
Hi Weyland,

I have I think some of the original DRO files, 49K for dro.exe, big 671K
DRO_PLUS.EXE, which might be a zip, it that is what you need? Give me a
file list, I'll see if they match.

QEDS, HEDS, just different versions of encoders, cheaper/different
packaging, different resolutions. Should work!

Alan KM6VV

Weyland wrote:

> Howdy all~!
>
> Well, I'm finally back after having some major hard drive problems.
> I've had a little time to play with my Linux/BDI system, and
> am trying to learn as much as I can.
>
> I've been able to follow *some* of what's going on
> from work, but just don't have the time for *all*
> the volume of info that flies through here. (:>)
>
> Ray, I haven't forgotten about my promise to help with the newbie section,
> and as soon as I get my e-mail archives off the bad hard drive,
> I'll be sorting them out and putting something together for you.
>
> A few questions that came up during my down time.
>
> Secured a Mauch DRO board and the "dro.exe".
> Also got some encoders.
> Looking at some motors tonight.
>
> Installed the DRO board, but can't seem to get the
> exe to run. It is possible it's corrupted.
> I saw the post about Tom's site being defunct.
> Is there anywhere else to download the software?
>
> One of the motors I was looking at has a 1.5V/11Amp rating.
> I asked Rustle if his board would handle it,
> and he recommended the Gecko's.
> After looking at them, I think the only one I could use would be the 210.
> But the page says it only goes to 7 amps.
> Any ideas?
> the guy with the motors says they can be run at just about any voltage.
> Can that be true?
>
> The encoders I got are marked "QEDS".
> I've seen you all talk about "HEDS".
> What's the difference?
> What do they mean?
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Weyland

Discussion Thread

Weyland 2001-08-30 16:46:57 UTC Finally back~! Alan Marconett KM6VV 2001-08-30 18:56:29 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Finally back~! Weyland 2001-08-30 19:44:06 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Finally back~! Alan Marconett KM6VV 2001-08-30 23:31:49 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Finally back~!