CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: CAD source code

on 1999-10-03 11:10:42 UTC
hello;

please forgive the lack of capital letters and any typographical
errors. i am recoverying from left shoulder surgery and typing
one-handed.

the licensing agreement is rather onesided on intellicad's
side. the noncommercial user license does not allow for
that user to "share" their port with others users. depending
on how you read the license agreement it would seem that
they are required to submit changes back to intellicad.

the entire source code is windows specific.
all make files are generated
Microsoft Developer Studio Project Files.
from my brief look at the source code it would
appear that it dates from windows 3.x time frame.

porting this source code over to linux/free-bsd/etc
would require time and money, which could be better
spent supporting gnu 2dcad project or other gnu projects.

FREEdraft open source cad
http://freeengineer.org/Freedraft/index.html

GnomeCad
http://gaztelan.bi.ehu.es/~inigo/gcad/

varkon from microform of sweden.
http://www.microform.se/whatis.htm

scientific application for linux has a good list of
cad, drawing & painting tools at:
http://SAL.KachinaTech.COM/E/2/index.shtml

if you happen to have $99.00 usd you could purchase
linuxcad from softwareforge.

http://www.softwareforge.com/linuxcad/

what intellicad has done is a step in the right direction,
toward open source, however the amount of time required to
get the intellicad source code to work under linux would be
better spent elsewhere.

--
Terry L. Ridder
Blue Danube Software (Blaue Donau Software)

For as long as I shall live
I will testify to love
I will be a witness in the
silences when words are not enough
With every breath I take
I will give thanks to GOD above
For as long as I shall live
I will testify to love
==Testify To Love==Avalon

Discussion Thread

Dan Falck 1999-10-03 05:33:46 UTC CAD source code Terry L. Ridder 1999-10-03 11:10:42 UTC Re: CAD source code Terry L. Ridder 1999-10-03 11:32:48 UTC Re: CAD source code john@x... 1999-10-04 03:26:18 UTC Re: CAD source code