CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Dolphin CAM - Screen shots

Posted by machines@n...
on 2001-09-03 15:06:57 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., Al Schoepp <aschoepp@u...> wrote:
> John,
>
> This looks very interesting. I have a few questions, don't know if
you can
> answer them. What is the expected cost for the software and when
is it
> expected to be released?
>
> Al

The are advertising it at 800 UKP but I have no idea what the US
price will be.
Their web site is http://www.dolphin-systems.co.uk/
They do a deal on the old DOS version for home shop use. A full
version but it's locked to one post processor ie one machine type for
about 220 UKP.
This is idea for the home shop guy as he usually only has one machine
anyway or it's just a generic g-code anyway.
Try http://www.quantumcnc.co.uk/MicroMill%20Dolphin.htm for that deal.
Whether or not they do the same deal with this one they call
Partmaster I don't know. I'll ask the question
I have one of the lastest beta's and I'm under the impression that
the next relaese due out in about a week will be the full release.
The few problems I have found so far have all had a work around.
What's unique is that being a small company I can ring the programmer
up at home to discuss problems.
I must stress that other than being a very satisfied user I have no
financial or other connection with Dolphin.

JS.

Discussion Thread

machines@n... 2001-09-03 13:32:07 UTC Dolphin CAM - Screen shots Al Schoepp 2001-09-03 14:31:05 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Dolphin CAM - Screen shots machines@n... 2001-09-03 15:06:57 UTC Re: Dolphin CAM - Screen shots Al Schoepp 2001-09-04 06:37:58 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Dolphin CAM - Screen shots machines@n... 2001-09-04 09:25:27 UTC Re: Dolphin CAM - Screen shots