CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Dolphin CAM - Screen shots

Posted by machines@n...
on 2001-09-04 09:25:27 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., Al Schoepp <aschoepp@u...> wrote:
> Well, it's an interesting looking program but sounds like it will
be way
> out of my price league as a part time hobbyist.
>
> Al

> >They do a deal on the old DOS version for home shop use. A full
> >version but it's locked to one post processor ie one machine type
for
> >about 220 UKP.
> >This is idea for the home shop guy as he usually only has one
machine
> >anyway or it's just a generic g-code anyway.
> >Try http://www.quantumcnc.co.uk/MicroMill%20Dolphin.htm for that
deal.
> >Whether or not they do the same deal with this one they call
> >Partmaster I don't know. I'll ask the question
> >
> >JS.

This is the problem with a hobby shop arangement. If they drop the
cost down to suit the limited hobby use then there is nothing to stop
industry getting a cheap program.
There are deals out there for hobby guys. I know Fred does one and
Dolphin does the DOS one for the equalent of $300 and you can get
Bobcad for about the same price when it's on offer.
I had a word with Dolphina and they do plan to release a hobby
version but this will have to be at a later date when the full priced
industrial modules have been dealt with.

JS

Discussion Thread

machines@n... 2001-09-03 13:32:07 UTC Dolphin CAM - Screen shots Al Schoepp 2001-09-03 14:31:05 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Dolphin CAM - Screen shots machines@n... 2001-09-03 15:06:57 UTC Re: Dolphin CAM - Screen shots Al Schoepp 2001-09-04 06:37:58 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Dolphin CAM - Screen shots machines@n... 2001-09-04 09:25:27 UTC Re: Dolphin CAM - Screen shots