CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: EMC source code problem/Exciting NEWS!

Posted by alenz@c...
Good show!
That old saw, 'the harder the nut, the sweeter the meat' is indeed
still true. (although I doubt the originater had programming in
mind :)
al

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., Jon Elson <elson@p...> wrote:
> Thanks to Art Fenerty for the comments - I pretty much figured out
the
> same thing while mulling over the results of browsing code and
trying
> to make things work.
>
> The exciting news is I have finally cracked the mystical techniques
> needed to make the digital I/O funnel through the real-time section
> of EMC, so that all I/O can go through one parallel port! So, I
have
> now completed the last hurdle to getting Digital I/O integrated
with the
> rest of the PPMC card set. Also, this was needed to complete the
> 4 axis stepper rate generator with encoder counters plus digital I/O
> all on one board project. I still have to lay out these boards and
do
> some cleanup of the code and getting all the I/O responses to go
> to the right places, but the hard part (just getting the separate
> programs to communicate) is done!
>
> WOW! This was harder than I thought it would be, by a LARGE
> margin!
>
> Jon

Discussion Thread

Jon Elson 2001-09-03 22:10:25 UTC Re: EMC source code problem/Exciting NEWS! alenz@c... 2001-09-04 00:21:13 UTC Re: EMC source code problem/Exciting NEWS! alenz@c... 2001-09-04 00:21:29 UTC Re: EMC source code problem/Exciting NEWS! Tom Eldredge 2001-09-05 06:10:10 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: EMC source code problem/Exciting NEWS!