CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: house connector block & DB25

on 2001-09-08 03:38:05 UTC
Hi Bill,

Thanks for the link. That sure was a long url, clicking didn't work,
copy&paste directly into IE address didn't work, copy&paste into
notepad, then into IE address did, but somehow gave the wrong page.

Your last tips finally got me to the relevant page.

Thanks. (how will we ever manage without a group like this???)

Peter

BTW That connector says "shielded" which means that if we have to use
connectors like this, noise is expected to be a problem? Then what
about the break-out boxes offered by Camtronics and CNCkits? Are they
also shielded too?

Peter

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "William Scalione" <wscalione@n...>
wrote:
> Peter,
>
> Here's what I did when I was looking at different controllers.
> Went to Radio Shack and bought a little jumper box. It's got
> a DB25 on each end and is a little larger than a match box.
> They call it a RS232 jumper box, but a DB25 is a DB25.
> Anyway, you can wire one up for each controller you use.
> When you switch controllers, just switch the jumper box.
>
> Here is a link to Radio Shack that shows it.
> http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%
5Fname=CT
> LG%5F005%5F003%5F008%5F000&product%5Fid=276%2D1403
>
> If the link does not work do a search for "Jumper" and look at
>
> Bill
>

> > Hi,
> >
> > With so many motor controllers using different pin-outs, I am
> > thinking of using the ordinary household electrical connector
block
> > (with screw terminals) as an intermediary between the motor driver
> > and the DB25 terminal for the controller, so that I can easily
switch
> > the wires when I switch controller.
> >
> > Or perhaps take apart a computer switch, cut-up the connecting
wires
> > and resplice it to correspond to the different controller. In this
> > way, when one switch controller, all one need to do is to switch
it
> > to the corresponding terminal.
> >
> > Will there be any problem arising from this, such as spurious
noise
> > pick-up, connection problems, etc?
> >

> > Peter

Discussion Thread

cadcamcenter@y... 2001-09-07 20:59:48 UTC house connector block & DB25 William Scalione 2001-09-07 22:52:47 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] house connector block & DB25 cadcamcenter@y... 2001-09-08 03:38:05 UTC Re: house connector block & DB25