CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Linux and DRO

WAnliker@... wrote:

> From: WAnliker@...
>
> I have a question for the experts. If I am using LINUX for EMC, how do I use
> Tom's DRO, any chance this will be changed so It will run in LINUX?
> Also I have a question, could the DRO be used as a position feedback device
> to check on the movements of the steppers?

Assuming the interfaces are compatible, or driver software is written for Tom's
board, it is as easy as hitting e-stop. Fred Proctor indicates he has this on his
list, but I don't know when he expects to have it ready.

If you really want to use EMC as a DRO, you would want to make some
changes to the user interface, to permit such things as doing a G92 (set
axis to value) and such while in e-stop. There are great advantages in using
hardware counters and a real-time 'driver' to read encoders for a DRO, as
you are well assured counts won't be lost.

Tom's program MIGHT run under the DOS emulator in Linux, but I don't
know for sure.

WAnliker@x... 1999-10-06 10:04:47 UTC Linux and DRO stratton@x... 1999-10-06 10:11:48 UTC Re: Linux and DRO Jon Elson 1999-10-06 13:03:34 UTC Re: Linux and DRO