CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Re: Brushless DC servos

Raynor Johnston wrote:

> From: "Raynor Johnston" <rhj-rbj@...>
>
> I have a quantity of "D.C. Brushless servo motors ex photocopiers being 30
> vdc 21dca and 39 output watts.
> The manufacturer seems to be Kokusan Denki Co. Ltd. Japan and the model
> number seems to be TL0109.
> Now the question is..can anyone tell me if any of these are any use at all
> for XYZ robotic applications.

Well, the info is confusing. Is that REALLY 21 Amps? Seems VERY excessive
for a photocopier. Anyway, 30 V x 21 A = 630 Watts in, should be able to
produce 600 Watts out, at least. So, either the 21 Amps has lost a decimal
point or this motor has an enormous peak current rating, with a dismal
continuous rating (39 W). I don't know what sort of XYZ robot you are
planning, but this might be able to operate a gripper or something, but not
too good a prospect for an axis drive. What is the DC resistance of one
of the windings?

Raynor Johnston 1999-10-08 16:05:12 UTC Re: Brushless DC servos Jon Elson 1999-10-08 22:32:13 UTC Re: Re: Brushless DC servos Robert N Ash 1999-10-19 19:04:05 UTC Re: Re: Brushless DC servos