CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Linux on Thinkpad

Posted by Ray Henry
on 1999-10-09 07:33:06 UTC
Henry

If my memory serves me, it seems like InfoWorld recently said that IBM will
produce a Linux certified and pre-installed version of the thinkpad.
You're ahead of the curve. What you've got will give you a good chance to
learn some of the system.

The Linux kernel will install and run from a floppy. It's all the
secondary stuff that takes up extra space. I didn't say hog because the
biggest install you can make is only a small fraction of ms2k.

Ray

> From: "TheDragonPit" <dragonpit@...>
>Subject: Linux on Thinkpad
>
>We'll i got it funning (running) but i'm absulutly sure it will not
>run emc. Left most of it out for hard drive space reason's .
>ended up with a 120 meg install. i'm going to play around with it
>this way for a couple of weeks just to get used to linux.
>and then i'll pick up a 2gig scsi drive to put in the docking station
>and do a new install to it.
>Hnery ( WoodDragon )

Discussion Thread

TheDragonPit 1999-10-08 19:12:22 UTC Linux on Thinkpad Ray Henry 1999-10-09 07:33:06 UTC Re: Linux on Thinkpad paul@x... 1999-10-10 16:33:33 UTC Re: Re: Linux on Thinkpad