CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] TkTcl

on 2001-09-30 08:54:23 UTC
Thanks, Paul

I just needed yo upgrade Tcl and Tk to a newer version. It needed v.8.3
and I was reading the installed version as 8.4 instead of 8.0.4. Just a case
of me not looking close enough.

Bill

> Hi Bill
>
> With the number of BDI installs out there, I think a few others might be
> interested.
>
> From a console, 'rpm -qR <package name> will tell you what packages are
> needed to satisfy dependencies. I suspect you have somethig like "Requires
> tcl >= 8.10". You would need to ake sure the version number of the
installed
> tcl package is equal to or greater than the required version.
> You can force an installation with 'rpm -ih --nodeps <package name>', but
it
> could lead to an unstable system depending on what the package does. If
this
> new program is pure tcl, this shouldn't be a problem. The other
alternative
> is to get hold of the source files and install from there.
>
> Regards, Paul.
>

> On Tuesday 30 October 2001 7:11 am, William Scalione wrote:
> > A little off topic here, you can reply off list
> >
> > I'm trying to install a program onto my EMC linux box that
> > uses Tk and Tcl. The program is in a RPM format, and when
> > I try to install, it says I have dependancy problems, I need Tk
> > and Tcl. Obviously since I am running TkEmc I have these on
> > the computer. Anyone have any ideas on how to do this.
> >
> > thanks
> > Bill

Discussion Thread

William Scalione 2001-09-29 22:08:02 UTC TkTcl Paul 2001-09-30 05:03:50 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] TkTcl William Scalione 2001-09-30 08:54:23 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] TkTcl Bryan-TheBS-Smith 2001-10-12 18:39:04 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] TkTcl