CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [decoupe CNC] Getting started

Posted by Mike Bailey
on 2001-10-02 21:36:42 UTC
I have the latest version of the software and the wings come out the right size if I add the "X" offset to the chord length. It is not too bad to deal with but it doesn't seem right. I have been able to get some good cores cut and I am happy with them.

I had to go to half step to get to motors to not miss a step. There is still enough power to work and it runs smother now so I like it.

Newest question.
Please tell me there is a way to cut a spar slot that is parallel with the trailing edge on a single taper wing.

Thanks,
Mike
----- Original Message -----
From: Dan Field
To: Mike Bailey
Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2001 12:25 AM
Subject: Re: [decoupe CNC] Getting started

Mike
You didn't say what the core looked like other than short. Leading edge was ok, and the trailing edge was sharp?

Have you told CNC under project there is a "skin thickness"? If on the thick side, it will cut short.

Same problem with different airfoils? Thinking you may have a bad dat.file :-)

If that doesn't work then I am not sure what the problem is then. Adding extra will be a pain. If it were mine I would adjust the calibration of the lead screws.

I just reread your post...... do you have to add 20 mm no matter what the chord length is? I would think, though not sure, if a calibration problem of either steps or lead screw, it would be a percentage error, not always 20mm.

Are you sure about the amount of steps for your motors? This will change the distance traveled also.

Assuming X and Y motors and the lead screws are the same, check that the calibration is the same for x & y

Check over 400 mm, go to CNC configuration, decrease the number for "lead screw" until it is correct.

When you add 20mm to the chord, is the percentage thickness correct for the airfoil.

You might try a new download of the program.

That's it for now
Dan Field