CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: PLC's and Macros, DDE's

on 2001-10-05 12:14:48 UTC
Hi Wayne,

Thanks for the comments. I've found out that Jerry's drill size program
is an application that writes PLC code to the clipboard. Watch for it!

Vector can then "paste special" the PLC lines onto vector's screen (open
file). Neat! I've been writing up to 32000 line PLC files (Vector's
limit), then "opening" them in Vector (PCB traces). Guess I'll have to
start writing windoz apps!

I'd heard about Vector's DDE's, I haven't written anything for them. I
understand that it is a separate product to be purchased!

I think StlWork is next on my list of software purchases. I've found
out a little more about it, and I'm thinking about studying the StlWork
doc's. As I understand it, I would still need a 3D modeler program.
$$$ First project is to "work" on some .DLG and .DEM files
(hypsographic).

Alan KM6VV

wayne_j_hill@... wrote:

> Alan,
>
> I believe what Jerry was saying is, he is writing a program using a
> programming language (BASIC, PASCAL, Etc...) that creates PLC line
> statements from variables that are imported into Vector.
>
> Ask Fred about the DDE interface for Vector and what it can do! ( I
> have written some DDE programs for Fred in the past. )
>
> Wayne Hill
>
> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., Alan Marconett KM6VV <KM6VV@a...> wrote:
> > Hi Jerry,
> >
> > I fully understand and use Vector's "PLC" (I'm using it to import
> Gerber
> > data). But I'm NOT familiar with writing a "macro" that would use
> it.
> > Care to elaborate?
> >
> > Alan KM6VV
> > P.S. I fully agree that Fred's support it tops!

Discussion Thread

Alan Marconett KM6VV 2001-10-05 12:14:48 UTC Re: PLC's and Macros, DDE's