CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: PLC's and Macros

on 2001-10-05 10:33:15 UTC
Alan,

I believe what Jerry was saying is, he is writing a program using a
programming language (BASIC, PASCAL, Etc...) that creates PLC line
statements from variables that are imported into Vector.

Ask Fred about the DDE interface for Vector and what it can do! ( I
have written some DDE programs for Fred in the past. )

Wayne Hill

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., Alan Marconett KM6VV <KM6VV@a...> wrote:
> Hi Jerry,
>
> I fully understand and use Vector's "PLC" (I'm using it to import
Gerber
> data). But I'm NOT familiar with writing a "macro" that would use
it.
> Care to elaborate?
>
> Alan KM6VV
> P.S. I fully agree that Fred's support it tops!
>

> Carol & Jerry Jankura wrote:
> >
> > Marcus, group:
> >
> > 1. Sorry for the previous mis-post.
> >
> > 2. I can speak from experience in that I purchased
Fred's "teaser" version
> > of VectorCAD and then started writing a "macro" to relate drill &
tap sizes
> > to hole diameter. This involved loads of communications to Fred
about how
> > the "PLC" system worked. Fred's responses were both timely and
contained
> > useful information. Were I to go the integrated CAD/CAM route
rather than
> > CAD + G-Code converter route, I'd certainly consider purchasing
the rest of
> > his package. As it is, the "teaser" seems to have enough goodies
enabled
> > that ACEConverter ought to do a nice job.
> >
> > -- Jerry Jankura
> > Strongsville, Ohio
> > So many toys, so little time....

Discussion Thread

Alan Marconett KM6VV 2001-10-03 10:41:36 UTC PLC's and Macros wayne_j_hill@y... 2001-10-05 10:33:15 UTC Re: PLC's and Macros Carol & Jerry Jankura 2001-10-06 10:56:46 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: PLC's and Macros wayne_j_hill@y... 2001-10-06 16:57:33 UTC Re: PLC's and Macros