CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: BobCad 18 Vs VectorCam 9.3?

Posted by machines@n...
on 2001-10-05 17:04:50 UTC
Eric,
Bobcad V18 is pure vaporware. It's been promised for over two years
and still isn't in sight. They have the worst track record of service
of any CAD /CAM product. Over a year ago they promised a free upgrade
to 18 if you bought 17. It never happened and now if you ask they
deny ever offering the upgrade. Even if it came out tomorrow I
wouldn't touch it until version 18.2 so they can get the bugs out.
Ring them or email them to ask what is in V18. They won't be able to
tell you because it's nowhere near ready.
Sorry to sound so cynical but been there, done that and didn't get
the T shirt.

John S.

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "Eric Mack" <glee@i...> wrote:
> The following is a cross-post from the PARTS robot forum. I had
posed
> the question re: what is a suitable CAD/CAM product(s) for me to
> consider to make robot parts.
>
> This individual went to see a demo of SolidWorks and posted his
> response in the forum. Today, there was a post on BobCad Vs
> VectorCam. I'm certainly not qualified to know what to do with this
> information or how best to compare one to another. Perhaps some of
> you are familiar with the upcoming version of BobCad 18? I am not.
>
> Here is the post from <PARTS@y...> this afternoon:
>

> I was just phoned by BobCad and was told VectorCam was originated
by
> Bob's
> brother! Decatur at 1-800-732-3051 asks that you speak with him
> before
> making a final decision. He of course believes BobCad v. 18 which
is
> forthcoming will beat VectorCam.
>
> Kirk
>

> > Thanks for the detailed report! I think that the most important
> thing
> > you have identified for me is "Solidworks is for design, EASY
> > EDITING,presentation, (and with expensive add-on packages
simulated
> > testing) of an
> > assembly of parts like your whole robot."
> >
> > I'm leaning towards VectorCam as I have seen many favorable posts
> and
> > I recently had a nice discussion w/Fred Smith. I appreciate the
> > feedback
> >
> > Eric

Discussion Thread

Eric Mack 2001-10-05 16:50:08 UTC BobCad 18 Vs VectorCam 9.3? machines@n... 2001-10-05 17:04:50 UTC Re: BobCad 18 Vs VectorCam 9.3? Eric Mack 2001-10-05 17:18:26 UTC Re: BobCad 18 Vs VectorCam 9.3? Tim Goldstein 2001-10-05 20:35:27 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] BobCad 18 Vs VectorCam 9.3?